Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome to the Twilight Zone

Considering the string of extremely bad days I had this last week, I expected to have gained ten or twenty pounds or so. I've certainly eaten enough for that to be the case. Add in the fact that I chugged lots of water before bed yesterday, am premenstrual, and feeling bloated. The result was one apprehensive girl about to step on the scales this morning.

It told me I weigh 77.8 kg, or 171.2 pounds. That's down 0.7 kgs/1.5 pounds from last week. How I managed this trick? I have absolutely no idea.

Like I said, it was an exceptionally bad week food-wise. Saturday was especially epic, in terms of gluttony. My ex-roommates invited me and my best friend over for movie night and pigging out. Chocolate, potato chips, leftover Christmas cookies, sour candy, soda, licorice, hot chocolate, more licorice... I'd like to say that I don't think I've eaten this much junk in one night before, but the truth is that I probably have. Just not recently.

On the exercise front, things have been a teeny tiny tad bit better. Not good enough to account for the weight loss, but better. My lectures have started, which means that I get a 20-30 minute walk every time I have a lecture or a workshop to go to, which is three times a week. And today I'm finally going to the gym to sign up for another semester of torture.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    I'm headed to the gym in a little bit. My really good friend is a trainer. I think she gets enjoyment out of torturing me :)

    ReplyDelete