Monday, February 8, 2010

Goodbye water weight!

I stepped on the scale today quite confident that I was going to lose. I've been sticking to my diet pretty well (ahem, with a couple of deviations...), I've been to the gym a few times, and I've been running back and forth between my apartment and the city center all week for lectures, visits with friends, movies, seminars, etc. In addition, this week was my time of the month and I've been peeing like a champ. So the question wasn't really whether I was going to lose, it was how much I was losing. I guessed that I'd land on seventy seven point something kilos, or around 170 pounds.

The number I saw when I stepped on the scale? 76.6 kg! 168.5 pounds!

That's nearly two kilos down from last week, or three and a half pounds. Now, before you all go saying that this is too fast, let me remind you that I have not been starving myself this week. Far from it, actually. There were several days when I had absolutely no calorie deficit. It's mostly water weight, I think. Either way, I'm happy. This means that I only about eight kilos/eighteen pounds left to lose before I'm at that arbitrary goal that I've set myself. I can do that in two months. That doesn't seem so bad! Not bad at all!

(... of course, I would have to be a saint throughout those two months, so I'm not really hopeful. But I am quite confident that the "finish line" is glittering somewhere on the not-too-far-away horizon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment